"Cuz I get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they try to teach me how to dance
A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread "
from "Fireflies" ~ Owl City
Finding a an outfit I love at the thrift store …turquoise capri pants with parrots on them and a red AE t-shirt that fits me perfectly, for about $10 total. And the pants have pockets.
Going to the temple and seeing all the cute white-haired ladies working hard doing the Lord’s work and hoping I'm that cute when I'm old.
Singing along to “Say Hey (I Love You)” ~ Michael Franti & Spearhead in my car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoaTl7IcFs8
Having the DVD I put on hold at the library ages ago finally come in, when I was originally #207 in line
Dressing up and attending a pirate party with Danny for “Talk Like a Pirate Day” and having his amblyopia eye patch fit right in
Orange sherbet and chocolate orange cookies both on sale
Holding a sweet 3 month old baby who actually had lots of cute HAIR!
Getting an email from Deni about how she made mini cheesecakes and says “Dangit” at cadets
Watching the music video for “Fireflies” ~ Owl City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4JLa0hbUw
Kait posting “Que Paso?” on my wall
Seeing Stephen head his soccer ball into the basketball hoop in the driveway
Walking with my iPod and having the song I was listening to fit perfectly with my walking pace
Watching the clip of Beyonce’ saving Taylor Swift’s moment at the VMA awards
Randomly buying a mystery box on Pet Society and getting a spinny propeller cap
Picking out new music with Sarah on iTunes that we both like
Hearing Jim admit that someday in the future he might actually get a Facebook, even if it would be “only for networking…”
New sheets on my bed
Taking Danny to see the talking cockatoo at the park, and hearing them laugh at each other and say “I love you”.
Realizing noone in the house is sick anymore!
Buying a box of raspberries and eating them all at one sitting with my breakfast
Having Brittany call me while she’s walking to the bus stop, just to talk
Seeing the hummingbirds come to the backyard feeders
Having my 10yo still kiss me goodbye before he goes into school
Fuzzy striped socks
Scaring a squirrel and watching it jump and miss the tree trunk and fall into the morning glories
Sarah taking a picture of Jim and me holding hands
Finding a cleaner that actually takes the hard water stains out of the toilet and makes it look all white and new again
Seeing a great big dog run and jump in the drainage ditch and splash and get another dog all wet
Being given a drink with an edible hibiscus flower in it, and actually being brave enough to eat it
Realizing what a beautiful bride Mary will be
Friday, September 18, 2009
Little things that made me smile this week, in no particular order
Posted by Kathy C at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
testing....
Puahahahahaha the squirrel. Man, I wish I could have seen that. And congrats on having the patience to wait for 206 other people to finish with a DVD, and never just giving up and renting it.
What cleaner cleaned your toilet?? Oh... we found the BEST way to clean your tub. Our tub was uber dirty when we moved in, with stubborn dirt that wouldn't come off with even bleach. And we have a textured bottom on our tub kinda like a built-in no-slip thing so the dirt was all stuck in the cracks. And the magic cure is.... Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! It got our tub so white and clean and lovely and sparkly!
Post a Comment