I love being creatively nudged by 365 Cards . And it's nice to be able to finally use some of the papers and doodads I've collected over the years.
The Day 216 Challenge is entitled, "Ad Inspired". Here's the ad that Sophie gave us to poke our right brains.
At first I thought of Halloween because of the colors, but then I saw the stripes and remembered this zebra stamp that I got at a garage sale for a quarter and had never used. Since Danny went to a bday party this weekend I decided to do a birthday card. Had some thick two-sided rainbow stripe paper with a birthday pattern on reverse I also bought from a yard sale long ago.
I liked this card and I made two, cause we're always needing birthday cards. I added a random googly eye for fun.
inside bottom:
Paper is by http://www.pebblesinc.com/. Birthday Boy Word/Stripe.
Zebra stamp by Anita's
Bird stamp, TPC Studio Whimsical Birds set
Butterfly rub-on by Mary Jo Recker
Stripy frame corner from Frame Corners by The Paper Studio
**
Day 217 Stampin' Saturday
This challenge was to stamp with the same color as your paper. I gathered up a bunch of paper that I thought would work and ended up doing several cards because it was such a fun technique. I made thank you cards this time.
My owl card:
I just LOVE googly eyes!
Copper embossing powder on brown cardstock.
Owl stamps are also from the TPC Studio Whimsical Birds set. I had it out already. :)
The border-y stamp is from a set I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby by Love, Elsie
Alphabet stamps are from Close to my Heart. I bought the set at a friend's party years ago.
Blue Thank You Card:
I had fun embossing the owls and already had the heat gun out so...I also used blue...
Again to give the credits:
"Thank you" stamp by Rubber Stampede (bought on eBay before Brit's wedding)
Swirly Background stamp by Stampabilities. I double stamped it.
Flower stamp from the Love, Elsie set. (Again stamped twice)
The flowers and beads and such from my crafting stash.
**
One more ...the paper really is a light lavendar, it just scanned in bluish for some reason...
Same swirly stamps, same swirly brain channel...
Meanwhile, I had so much fun doing these, I forgot there was a challenge for today. Hehe. Will have to do that one next week. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment