Friday, October 2, 2009

Cards: Four Elements and Pop-Ups... yes, I'm in an artsy fartsy stage again. :P


So I'm taking up a new hobby at least until I get to busy to keep up with it. 

This is my version of the 365 cards "Four Elements" card challenge for day 215:  365 cards


It's not the greatest photo of the card, but you get the idea.  :)

Inside it says, Thank you for being who you are.
















The other images are three pop-up cards I made.  I got the instructions for the THANK YOU pop-up in a book.  The thing about making a pop-up card is... it's almost like making two cards, because you have to do the inside pop-up, and then decorate the front of the card.  The fronts of these are all my own design, inspired by famous thank you quotes and the odds and ends of paper and doo-dads I've collected over the years. 

Card #1:  Sunshine





Card #2:  Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart






Card #3:  Indigestion ...Sarah says that it looks like a Christmas card with the red and green.  I think it wouldn't necessarily have to be but it could be of course be used as such. 






I'm donating these to the public library auction as a set.  Hopefully someone will pay a few dollars for them to benefit the library. 

1 comments:

Pam said...

I love your take on the 4 elements challenge - very artsy and original!